Long Form | Section 3
Introduction & Lesson 01
“Carry Tiger To Mountain” Play Guitar, Brush Knee & Push, Grasping Sparrow’s Tail & Single Whip
- Set the arms into (Play Guitar) Turn the left foot far inward, drop and raise the left arm 45° towards the northwest left corner, then turn the right hand down, thumb towards your chest
- Turn your head and body 180° to the right to look directly behind at a diagonal southeast direction. Make an empty open step with your right foot towards that way.
(Brush right Knee & Push) Shift your center of gravity into your middle position and square your hips. Brush low with the right thumb across the right knee then push with your left hand. [Mini Pause]
- “Grasp The Sparrow’s Tail” Roll Back, Press Forward, Retreat & Push Hands Forward
(Lu, An, Chi, Tui-so) (Similar to Lesson #3 & #4 in Section 1)
- (Roll Back) Raise the right arm parallel to the left arm. Softly flip the left palm up then bring the left hand to your waist. Slowly draw both hips back and turn the hips slightly to the left.
- (Press) Square the hips and set the hands together with the left palm pressing the right palm. Shift your center of gravity forward. [Mini Pause]
- (Retreat) Equally separate the hands apart at shoulders width and shoulders height. Set the hips equally back again and float the hands down toward the hips [Mini Pause]
- (Push) Place the hands in front of your chest and shift your body forward 80-90% forward. [Pause]
- (Grasp The Sparrow’s Tail & Single Whip) Place the left hand under the right elbow. Set both hips further back and turn the right foot far inward (pigeon toed transition) then move your body with both hands 360° counter clockwise full circle with the hips. Shift your center of gravity as needed from left to the right hip & leg. On your way back around, the left hand will pause at the chest and the right hand will push then close the tips of the fingers together, rotate the wrist back and strike with the back of the hand. Next lift the left hand with the fingers pointing upward. Turn your body left facing north and then step into left open stance. Shift to the middle position, square the hips facing north turn the left hand also north then advance the body forward. [Pause]