Long Form | Section 3
Grasping Sparrow’s Tail & Single Whip (Combination Repeat)
- (Roll Back) Softly turn both hands at your wrists. Bring the left hand to your waist. Turn the right palm downward. Then move both hips back and turn the hips slightly to the left.
- (Press) Square the hips and set the hands together with the left palm pressing the right palm. Shift your center of gravity forward. [Mini Pause]
- (Retreat) Equally separate the hands apart at shoulders width and shoulders height. Set the hips equally back again and float the hands down toward the hips [Mini Pause]
- (Push) Place the hands in front of your chest and shift forward 80-90% forward. [Pause]
Grasp The Sparrow’s Tail – Single Whip
- Place the left hand under the right elbow. Set both hips further back and turn the right foot inward (pigeon toed transition) then move both hands 360° counter clockwise full circle with the hips. Shift your center of gravity as needed from left to the right hip & leg.
- Push right palm out to the right and grasp the fingertips together striking with the back of right hand.
- Look left 180°, drop the left elbow and turn the left palm up (fingers pointing upward).
- Lift the left heel open the left knee out, pivot your center 180° to the left side.
- Step with the left foot square the hips and push with the left hand, shifting forward 99.9%
- Turn right foot inward 45°. [Pause]